ou did it!!! You've just made the huge decision to say goodbye to the idea of a big wedding and all the stress that goes along with it! You've decided to elope and we're cheering you on!!! Let's be real...the idea of saying your vows in front of a big crowd made your palms sweat, and having to plan a day around everyone else's expectations was making you feel a little hollow...like your own wedding wasn't going to be about...well, YOU. So now the search is on to find a venue that understands that just because your wedding day is going to be small (maybe even just the two of you), it's still a REALLY BIG deal to you! If you are searching for somewhere cozy and charming that lets your unique personalities shine through... And if you are dreaming of a venue that offers INCREDIBLE PHOTOS, because an elopement means you'll have WAY MORE TIME to make epic memories...we think you might have just found the perfect place!
A wedding experience like no other. A day designed around you. Enjoy all the fun, excitement and beautiful memories you'd get from a traditional wedding experience, without all the stress, logistics and expense.
Our whole team understands that what we do is a little different than a regular job. You've trusted us with a dream day, and we promise to be just as excited about your wedding as you are!
We're here to help every step of the way, as you plan and customize your wedding experience. We'll provide a detailed planning guide so you don't miss a thing!
• Each booked couple receives a personalized planning packet
• We'll help you customize your timeline to optimize your day
• We'll share a library of favorite wedding ceremonies to customize so that your ceremony feels like "you"!
Our well appointed dressing suites were designed to provide comfort, calm and everything you'll need to prepare for your walk down the aisle. Arrive up to 3 hours ahead of your ceremony.
• Designed with beautiful "getting ready" pictures in mind
• Ironing Board, Gown Steamer, Amenities cupboard and restroom
• Wedding assistant ready to help you into your gown if needed
Choose an outdoor ceremony on our wedding deck overlooking our little pond and fountain, or a cozy indoor ceremony in front of the stone fireplace.
• Ceremony site will be set up with white aisle runner and decor
• Choice of Indoor or Outdoor ceremony location
• We'll provide a licensed Virginia Wedding Officiant
• Couples are welcome to request specific music for their ceremony
• Guests are welcome to serve as bridal party, or wedding escort
We'll create a special sweetheart's table where you can enjoy your cake and sparkling cider (or bring your favorite champagne!)
• Created just for you, and personalized to your colors and style
• Provide a few words of inspiration such as "rustic", "elegant", "boho" and we'll do the rest
• Our prop inventory includes all kinds of items for us to personalize your wedding style
Our photographer will capture your entire day, from "getting ready" to your send off, and maybe even a mountain adventure should you choose to add that on.
• Our specialty is helping you with authentic, joyful, natural poses
• Photos delivered within 3 weeks via high resolution online gallery
• Sneak Peek Blog post featuring your day within 72 hours
• Add on an additional Mountaintop photo shoot if desired for $150
• Add on a Wedding Highlight film / Cinematography for $595
• Couples can expect about 300 - 450 photos in final gallery
We love elopements because they don't feel like a "performance". You do you and we'll do the rest!
• Cake cutting, Toast & time to spend together as you enjoy your cake and coffee
• Choose a special day just for two, or add on up to 6 guests (8 with permission)
• Couples are welcome to do a first dance, or parent dances if desired
We think you deserve transparent pricing and no hidden fees
• Add on up to 6 guests (8 max. with permission) for $15 per person
• Add on an additional cake tier for $40
• Add on a Mountaintop Photo Shoot for $150
• Add on a Wedding Highlight Film for $595
• Add on a 2 night stay at our Honeymoon cabin for $350 (pending availability)
• VA Sales tax of 5.3% added to all packages
• Onsite wedding planning meeting if desired (we work with lots of long distance couples too and are happy to plan via email!)
• Unlimited planning and support via email
• Creation of a personalized Wedding Day Timeline
• Wedding Planner and Day of Direction
• A styled Sweethearts table for the two of you
• Licensed Virginia Wedding Officiant
• Personalized Wedding Ceremony tailored to your beliefs
• Professional Wedding Photography
• Complimentary sneak peek blog post featuring your big day
• Full printing rights to your edited photos
• Photos delivered about 3 weeks after your wedding day via secure online gallery
• Couples can expect about 300 - 450 photos in their gallery
• Maximum Guest Count of 8 plus wedding couple (larger groups should choose our Afternoon Tea Wedding package)
•children age 2 and over are included in guest count (babies under the age of 2 are not included in guest count)
•$500 non refundable retainer required to reserve your wedding date
• Remainder of balance due 3 weeks prior to your wedding date
• A 5.3% VA sales tax will be added to all packages and options.
• Prices are subject to change without notice and not guaranteed until contract is signed
• The Elegance elopement can be reserved up to 1 YEAR in advance of the current month for Sunday dates
•The Elegance elopement can be reserved up to 2 months in advance for Saturday dates
• The Elegance elopement does not include the option to add a catered meal
• Choice of Outdoor or Indoor Ceremony Space
• Well appointed dressing suites for both partners
• Arrive up to 3 hours ahead of your ceremony to dress and prepare
• Use of our extensive wedding prop inventory
• 1 tier (6") custom wedding cake
• Custom Bridal bouquet in colors of your choice
• Custom boutonniere in colors of your choice
• Customized floral options for our LGBT couples
• Fresh flowers to garnish your cake
• Sparkling Apple Cider Toast (or bring your favorite champagne)
• Souvenir toasting glasses pair, to keep
• Female Assistant Wedding planner to help you into your dress if needed
• Coffee, Tea, Lemonade, Ice Water for couple and guests
• Cheese and Cracker tray for couple and guests
A fall elopement celebrated with close family and friends. Come and see for yourself how a tiny wedding can still be a big deal!!!
We love it when a couple makes their wedding day all their own! A beautiful July 2020 Elegance Elopement just for two, with a special mountain adventure!
A Gorgeous November 2020 Elegance Elopement. Colleen and Derrick chose a special day to share with 6 guests. Take a peek at their amazing wedding film!
Hey there! We are The Golden Horseshoe Inn. An all inclusive wedding venue where all the work is taken care of by a team of wedding professionals, so all that's left for you is the FUN! Couples who choose to elope have LOTS of choices...which is awesome! If the glittering lights and clink of slot machines are not quite your style (hey Vegas! We see you!) but a cool mountain breeze, the quiet charm of an old stagecoach inn, and the adventures waiting in the nearby mountains gets your pulse going, we might just be the perfect fit for you!
e started out our wedding journey hosting small elopements at a Bed and Breakfast we used to own. But we quickly realized A) We LOVED elopements and small weddings way more than Innkeeping, and B) We wanted our couples to have COMPLETE PRIVACY!!!...with no other non-wedding guests around! We think our couples deserve a distraction free day that is purely about them. That's when we created our business Weddings at the Golden Horseshoe Inn way back in 2009! Heather (wedding planner, owner and photographer) Monique (Assistant Wedding Planner and Officiant) and Stephen (cinematography) delight in the uniqueness of each couple we have the honor of serving. 14 years and over 600 weddings later, we still get teary during the "first look", still oooh and ahhh over the gorgeous attire and sentimental details, and have learned a thing or two about helping our couples "get to the good part" and leave stress and worry behind!
We know you want an elopement that is beautiful, personalized, and unique, while ALSO being simplified, fun and stress free! We're so happy you've discovered us and can't wait to get started creating the most incredible wedding day for you!
"The Golden Horseshoe Inn is truly a piece of heaven on earth! It's hard not to start gushing about how magical our Elegance Elopement was, and how genuine, kind and attentive Heather and Monique were throughout the planning process and then on the day itself. The GHI team really is hacking the wedding industry in the most beautiful way!."
...and that’s exactly what we experienced. We got to choose the fun details like colors and cake flavor while Heather and her team handled the stressful stuff like making sure the florist arrived on time and the baker knew where to deliver the cake. GHI made our dream wedding come true."
"I cannot thank Heather and her team enough. We gave her one inspiration picture and a brief description of what we envisioned and she created the most beautiful, special, personalized wedding day for us. She made the entire process easy and stress free and everything exceeded all of our expectations."
"They listen and respond in such a way that you know they love what they do and care about each and every couple that comes through their doors. I loved not having to worry about the cake, the flowers, finding an officiant, setting up or cleaning up"
Invite up to 6 guests (stretched to 8 with prior permission) to celebrate and witness your wedding day. We'll include seating, snacks and non alcoholic drinks.
Need to host more than 8 guests?
Choose our Afternoon Tea Wedding instead!
We have the unbelievable good fortune of being right next door to Shenandoah National Park. Nothing but sweeping mountain vistas for miles, and the perfect spot for perfectly EPIC wedding photos! We'll help you choose the perfect part of your day to head to the mountain, and our photographer knows all the best locations!
A wedding highlight film will capture all the excitement and anticipation of your big day in a fun, sharable format! We know this keepsake will become even more special over time as you watch it together on all your future anniversaries!
The Elegance Elopement can be booked up to 1 year in advance for Sun - Fri dates
The Elegance Elopement can be booked up to 2 months in advance for Saturday dates. You can check out our Wedding Date Availability Calendar HERE. Ready to Book a Date? Please fill out THIS FORM. Do you have questions? CONTACT US
what dates do you have available and how do I reserve one
who do you recommend for hair and make up
There are no overnight rooms at the Golden Horseshoe Inn (our historic name is from 1827 when our building served as a Stage Coach Inn). We DO offer an adorable honeymoon cabin about 7 minutes from the Inn - Chestnut Hills Cottage. We also recommend Lydia Mountain Lodge, The Lafayette, and Holiday Inn Express. See links to these and more accommodations on our FAQ page.
do you offer accommodations
Couples may choose to invite up to 6 guests (or stretched to a maximum of 8 guests with permission) to share in their wedding celebration for a guest fee of $15 per person. Babies under the age of 2 are not included in the guest count. We're sorry that we can't stretch beyond 8 guests for this package, but our Afternoon Tea Wedding would be perfect for a slightly larger group of 9 to 24.
how many guests may i invite
Yes! You can choose your cake flavor, filling, icing & style options. Couples can request a specific color palette for their flowers. Couples may decline our floral package (refund of $170) or cake (refund of $30), and choose to bring their own instead. We don't currently have a baker that provides vegan, dairy free, or gluten free cakes, so couples with allergies are most welcome to provide their own cake if preferred.
can i personalize my cake and flower options
Absolutely! Our wedding planners will help plan your day so that you have time for all the special moments you'd like to incorporate (first look if desired, mountain photoshoot if desired, first dance or parent dances if desired etc). We'll suggest a ceremony time that maximizes great light for your wedding photos. You can contact us to see a sample Elegance Elopement timeline if you'd like.
can I personalize my timeline
We know your time is valuable. And we know this is a BIG decision.
That's why we've shared EVERYTHING right here on this page!
No "call for pricing", no hard sell, no tricky hidden fees.
You've found the perfect partner, and we hope you've just found the perfect venue!
We can't wait to hear from you!
We are very blessed that so many couples have chosen Golden Horseshoe to host their wedding day.
We are currently SOLD OUT for 2021 wedding dates. This includes both weekdays and weekends.
Cancellations are rare, but should a cancellation happen, we will post the date here as soon as we know it is available. We regret that we are not able to maintain a waitlist. Feel free to click below to see our 2022 Dates!
Saturday, January 29
Saturday, February 5
Saturday, February 26
Saturday, March 5
Sunday, December 18
*refresh your browser to see most recent updates
Saturday, January 7
Saturday, January 14
Saturday, February 4
Saturday, February 18
Saturday, March 11
Saturday, March 18
Saturday, April 1
Saturday, April 8
Saturday, April 15
Saturday, July 1
Saturday, July 22
Saturday, July 29
Saturday, August 5
Saturday, August 12
Saturday, August 19
Saturday, August 26
Saturday, October 14
Saturday, September 2
Saturday, September 23
Saturday, May 27
Saturday, June 10
Saturday, June 17
Saturday, June 24
Saturday, November 4
Saturday, November 18
Saturday, December 2
Saturday, December 9
Wedding dates are booked on a first come, first served basis, when a contract and retainer are returned for a date.
When you are ready to book, fill out our READY TO BOOK A DATE FORM, and we'll confirm your date is available.
We'll immediately email over a secure link where your retainer can be paid, and a Contract for you to each sign electronically.
Once both your contract and retainer have been received by us, your reservation is complete.
We'll email over a receipt and a detailed wedding planning packet so we can get started helping you create an amazing day!
A few things to note:
- A $500 non refundable retainer is required to book your date
- This retainer fee is deducted from your final amount due
- Your final payment is due 3 weeks prior to your wedding date
- Dates are booked on a first come, first served basis
- Due to the number of couples considering a Golden Horseshoe Wedding, we regret we are not able to "hold" dates
-can be booked up to 12 months in advance of the current month for Sunday dates
- Saturday Elopements can be booked up to 12 weeks in advance
- There is no minimum requirement for booking an elopement, short notice elopements are just fine with us
Boutique Weddings / Afternoon Tea Weddings
-can be booked up to 2 years in advance of the current month for Saturday or Sunday dates
-there is no minimum requirement for booking a wedding, short notice weddings are just fine with us.
Simple and easy!